Sunday, July 22, 2012

Wondering Who You Are?

Everybody is trying to understand who they are today. They are "looking for themselves". Millions of dollars have been spent on improving ones self image. There are conferences held with guest speakers making speeches for days on how a person can feel better about themselves. I have found the secret to good self esteem and it did not cost any money. However, it does cost something. It cost devotion, self discipline, and commitment to live the life of an overcomer, a self confident person, a person who really knows who they are. Interested? If you are willing to really be devoted, disciplined, and committed you too can become who God says you are.

I am complete in Him Who is the Head of all principality and power (Colossians 2:10).

"and you have been given fullness in Christ, who is the head over every power and authority."

I am alive with Christ (Ephesians 2:5).

"made us alive with Christ even when we were dead in transgressions--it is by grace you have been saved."

I am free from the law of sin and death (Romans 8:2).

"because through Christ Jesus the law of the Spirit of life set me free from the law of sin and death."

I am far from oppression, and fear does not come near me (Isaiah 54:14).

"In righteousness you will be established: Tyranny will be far from you; you will have nothing to fear. Terror will be far removed; it will not come near you."

I am born of God, and the evil one does not touch me (I John 5:18).

"We know that anyone born of God does not continue to sin; the one who was born of God keeps him safe, and the evil one cannot harm him."

I am holy and without blame before Him in love (I Peter 1:16; Ephesians 1:4).

"for it is written: "Be holy, because I am holy."

"For he chose us in him before the creation of the world to be holy and blameless in his sight."

I have the mind of Christ (Philippians 2:5; I Corinthians 2:16).

"Your attitude should be the same as that of Christ Jesus: For who has known the mind of the Lord that he may instruct him?"[a] But we have the mind of Christ."

I have the peace of God that passes all understanding (Philippians 4:7).

"And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."

I have the Greater One living in me; greater is He Who is in me than he who is in the world (I John 4:4).

"You, dear children, are from God and have overcome them, because the one who is in you is greater than the one who is in the world."

I have received the gift of righteousness and reign as a king in life by Jesus Christ (Romans 5:17).

"For if, by the trespass of the one man, death reigned through that one man, how much more will those who receive God's abundant provision of grace and of the gift of righteousness reign in life through the one man, Jesus Christ."

I have received the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of Jesus, the eyes of my understanding being enlightened (Ephesians 1:17,18).

17 "I keep asking that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the glorious Father, may give you the Spirit[a] of wisdom and revelation, so that you may know him better. 18 I pray also that the eyes of your heart may be enlightened in order that you may know the hope to which he has called you, the riches of his glorious inheritance in the saints,"

I have received the power of the Holy Spirit to lay hands on the sick and see them recover, to cast out demons, to speak with new tongues. I have power over all the power of the enemy, and nothing shall by any means harm me (Mark 16:17,18; Luke 10:17,19).

17 "And these signs will accompany those who believe: In my name they will drive out demons; they will speak in new tongues 18 they will pick up snakes with their hands; and when they drink deadly poison, it will not hurt them at all; they will place their hands on sick people, and they will get well."
17 "The seventy-two returned with joy and said, "Lord, even the demons submit to us in your name."

19 I have given you authority to trample on snakes and scorpions and to overcome all the power of the enemy; nothing will harm you."

I have put off the old man and have put on the new man, which is renewed in the knowledge after the image of Him Who created me (Colossians 3:9,10).

9 "Do not lie to each other, since you have taken off your old self with its practices

10 and have put on the new self, which is being renewed in knowledge in the image of its Creator."

I have given, and it is given to me; good measure, pressed down, shaken together, and running over, men give into my bosom (Luke 6:38).

"Give, and it will be given to you. A good measure, pressed down, shaken together and running over, will be poured into your lap. For with the measure you use, it will be measured to you."

I have no lack for my God supplies all of my need according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus (Philippians 4:19).

"And my God will meet all your needs according to his glorious riches in Christ Jesus."

I can quench all the fiery darts of the wicked one with my shield of faith (Ephesians 6:16).

"In addition to all this, take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one."

I can do all things through Christ Jesus (Philippians 4:13).

"I can do everything through him who gives me strength."

I shall do even greater works than Christ Jesus (John 14:12).

"I tell you the truth, anyone who has faith in me will do what I have been doing. He will do even greater things than these, because I am going to the Father."

I show forth the praises of God Who has called me out of darkness into His marvelous light (I Peter 2:9).

"But you are a chosen people, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people belonging to God, that you may declare the praises of him who called you out of darkness into his wonderful light."

I am God's child - for I am born again of the incorruptible seed of the Word of God, which lives and abides forever (I Peter 1:23).

"For you have been born again, not of perishable seed, but of imperishable, through the living and enduring word of God."

I am God's workmanship, created in Christ unto good works (Ephesians 2:10).

"For we are God's workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do."

I am a new creature in Christ (II Corinthians 5:17).

"Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come!"

I am a spirit being - alive to God (I Thessalonians 5:23; Romans 6:11).

"May God himself, the God of peace, sanctify you through and through. May your whole spirit, soul and body be kept blameless at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.
In the same way, count yourselves dead to sin but alive to God in Christ Jesus."

I am a believer, and the light of the Gospel shines in my mind (II Corinthians 4:4).

"The god of this age has blinded the minds of unbelievers, so that they cannot see the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God. 25But the man who looks intently into the perfect law that gives freedom, and continues to do this, not forgetting what he has heard, but doing it--he will be blessed in what he does."

I am a doer of the Word and blessed in my actions (James 1:22,25).

"Do not merely listen to the word, and so deceive yourselves. Do what it says 25 But the man who looks intently into the perfect law that gives freedom, and continues to do this, not forgetting what he has heard, but doing it--he will be blessed in what he does."

I am a joint-heir with Christ (Romans 8:17).

"Now if we are children, then we are heirs--heirs of God and co-heirs with Christ, if indeed we share in his sufferings in order that we may also share in his glory."

I am more than a conqueror through Him Who loves me (Romans 8:37).

"No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us."

I am an overcomer by the blood of the Lamb and the word of my testimony (Revelation 12:11).

"They overcame him by the blood of the Lamb and by the word of their testimony; they did not love their lives so much as to shrink from death."

I am a partaker of His divine nature (II Peter 1:3,4).

"His divine power has given us everything we need for life and godliness through our knowledge of him who called us by his own glory and goodness. 4Through these he has given us his very great and precious promises, so that through them you may participate in the divine nature and escape the corruption in the world caused by evil desires."

I am an ambassador for Christ (II Corinthians 5:20).

"We are therefore Christ's ambassadors, as though God were making his appeal through us. We implore you on Christ's behalf: Be reconciled to God."

I am part of a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a purchased people (I Peter 2:9).

"But you are a chosen people, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people belonging to God, that you may declare the praises of him who called you out of darkness into his wonderful light."

I am the righteousness of God in Jesus Christ (II Corinthians 5:21).

"God made him who had no sin to be sin[a] for us, so that in him we might become the righteousness of God."

I am the temple of the Holy Spirit; I am not my own (I Corinthians 6:19).

"Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own;"

I am the head and not the tail; I am above only and not beneath (Deuteronomy 28:13).

"The LORD will make you the head, not the tail. If you pay attention to the commands of the LORD your God that I give you this day and carefully follow them, you will always be at the top, never at the bottom."

I am the light of the world (Matthew 5:14).

"You are the light of the world. A city on a hill cannot be hidden."

I am His elect, full of mercy, kindness, humility, and longsuffering (Romans 8:33; Colossians 3:12).

"Who will bring any charge against those whom God has chosen? It is God who justifies.
Colossians 3:12 Therefore, as God's chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience."

I am forgiven of all my sins and washed in the Blood (Ephesians 1:7).

"In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, in accordance with the riches of God's grace."

I am delivered from the power of darkness and translated into God's kingdom (Colossians 1:13).

"For he has rescued us from the dominion of darkness and brought us into the kingdom of the Son he loves,"

I am redeemed from the curse of sin, sickness, and poverty (Galatians 3:13; Deuteronomy 28:15-19).

13"Christ redeemed us from the curse of the law by becoming a curse for us, for it is written: "Cursed is everyone who is hung on a tree."
16 You will be blessed in the city and blessed in the country.

17 Your basket and your kneading trough will be blessed.

18 The fruit of your womb will be blessed, and the crops of your land, and the calves of your herds and the lambs of your flocks.

19 You will be blessed when you come in and blessed when you go out."

I am firmly rooted, built up, established in my faith and overflowing with gratitude (Colossians 2:7).

"...rooted and built up in him, strengthened in the faith as you were taught, and overflowing with thankfulness."

I am called of God to be the voice of His praise (II Timothy 1:9; Psalm 66:8).

II Timothy 1:9 .."who has saved us and called us to a holy life--not because of anything we have done but because of his own purpose and grace. This grace was given us in Christ Jesus before the beginning of time,
Psalm 66:8 Praise our God, O peoples, let the sound of his praise be heard;"

I am healed by the stripes of Jesus (I Peter 2:24; Isaiah 53:5).

I Peter 2:24 "He himself bore our sins in his body on the tree, so that we might die to sins and live for righteousness; by his wounds you have been healed."
Isaiah 53:5" But he was pierced for our transgressions he was crushed for our iniquities; the punishment that brought us peace was upon him, and by his wounds we are healed."

I am raised up with Christ and seated in heavenly places (Colossians 2:12; Ephesians 2:6).

Col.2:12 "having been buried with him in baptism and raised with him through your faith in the power of God, who raised him from the dead.
Ephesians 2:6 And God raised us up with Christ and seated us with him in the heavenly realms in Christ Jesus,"

I am greatly loved by God (Colossians 3:12; Romans 1:7; I Thessalonians 1:4; Ephesians 2:4).

Colossians 3:12 "Therefore, as God's chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience.
Romans 1:7 To all in Rome who are loved by God and called to be saints: Grace and peace to you from God our Father and from the Lord Jesus Christ.
I Thessalonians 1;4 For we know, brothers loved by God, that he has chosen you,
Ephesians 2:4 But because of his great love for us, God, who is rich in mercy,"

I am strengthened with all might according to His glorious power (Colossians 1:11).

" being strengthened with all power according to his glorious might so that you may have great endurance and patience,"

I am submitted to God, and the devil flees from me because I resist him in the Name of Jesus (James 4:7).

"Submit yourselves, then, to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you."

I press on toward the goal to win the prize to which God in Christ Jesus is calling us upward (Philippians 3:14).

"I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus."

I do not have a spirit of fear; but of power, love, and a sound mind (II Timothy 1:7).

"For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but a spirit of power, of love and of self-discipline."

It is not I who live, but Christ lives in me (Galatians 2:20).

"I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me."



Elaine Pennartz
http://www.texashomebase.com